Easter is right around the corner, and the iconic cake with egg topping decoration is popping up in recipes all over the place. So here I am with a super exciting and easy-to-make White Chocolate Cupcake.
This light & fluffy White Chocolate Cupcake with the best white chocolate Frosting is one of my favorites. When I think of White Chocolate Cupcakes, there is no other recipe that beats this one. I just love how light, fluffy, and tender these come out.
Cupcakes are just a highlight on any easter dessert table. Especially when you add a couple of more detailed highlights such as the nest, eggs etc. Absolutely gorgeous!
So here the whole thing is drizzled with this homemade White Chocolate Cupcake and a White Chocolate Frosting, before adding a liberal scattering of Mini eggs to finish. Oh, and there’s chocolate curls on top.You can also checkout my other cake recipes.
I have a bite-sized 2-minute video to show you how to make this White Chocolate Cupcake For Easter.
For the Cupcakes
- All-purpose flour (maida) – 1⅔ cup (225g)
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Butter – ½ cup, melted
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Buttermilk – ¾ cup (180g)
- Sour cream – ¼ cup (60g)
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- Egg white – from 2 eggs
For the Toppings
- Chocolate bar – 1 (Here I used Cadbury Dairy Milk – Fruit & Nut, you can try any chocolate bar that you like)
- Cadbury Mini Eggs (Mini Egg Candy) – 1 bag
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Meanwhile, in a bowl sift all-purpose flour to remove lumps and add baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix it well.
- Bring the butter to room temperature. Put the butter in a microwave bowl (use a big bowl) and melt it in the microwave for 30 seconds or till it gets melted.
- To the melted butter, add sugar little by little and beat it with a beater. Add buttermilk and beat it again.
- Add sour cream and vanilla, and beat it each time when adding each item.
- Once it has been beaten well, add it to the dry ingredients which we mixed in step 2 and beat it well till it becomes a thick batter.
- Take egg white in a bowl and beat it well till it becomes foamy. Add this to the batter and beat it till it combines well. Line the cupcake liner in the cupcake tray.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake liner about 3/4 full and smooth the top with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon or shake the cupcake tray gently to spread the batter evenly. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15 – 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean (if you are making mini cupcakes, please don’t bake it for more than 9 -11 minutes).
- Take the white chocolate frosting and pipe it on top of each cupcake starting from the center and squeezing it in a clockwise motion for two rounds by slowly bringing it to the center. Then stop squeezing and pull off the frosting.
- For the Easter decoration, grate the chocolate bar using a vegetable peeler to create long strands of chocolate curls. Keep the mini candy eggs handy.
- Now sprinkle the chocolate curls over the freshly piped frosting and then top it with Cadbury Mini Eggs.White Chocolate Cupcakes are ready to rock this Easter…