Paalkova – How to make Palkova / Milk Sweet simply melts in your mouth. It is simple, light, delicious, and one of my favorite ♥ sweets. A look at Paalkova – How to make Palkova / Milk Sweet might be intimidating at first, but really, this is composed of a few very easy-to-follow steps, that are each delicious on their own, and totally do-able. All you need is time and patience to make it (as it takes about an hour to get the desired end result.)
My one gripe about Paalkova – How to make Palkova / Milk Sweet is that they come in endless exciting-sounding flavor combinations, and they are all generally absolutely divine.
You can also check my other sweet recipes here.
- Mango Kheer / Mango Payasam / Mampazha Payasam
- Broken (Cracked) Wheat Payasam / Pradhaman / Kheer
- Aval (Poha / Rice flakes) Payasam / Pradhaman / Kheer
- Aval Nanachathu / Sweetened Rice Flakes / Sweet Poha
- Coconut Dates Energy Bites / Energy Balls
I have a bite-sized video to show you how to make this recipe.
- Milk (whole fat) – 1 liter (¼ gallon)
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add milk (use full-fat milk to make a large quantity) and allow it to boil. Once it boils, mix it well.
- Allow it to form a thickened milk layer on top.
- Mix it well with milk. Now bring the flame to medium to avoid burning the milk.
- Again allow it to boil till it reduces to 1/2 by stirring and scraping the side of the pan from time to time.
- Now you can see the milk getting reduced into a thick paste.
- Once it becomes more thickened, add sugar and mix it well.
- Once the sugar melts, the mixture will become loosened again. Again, mix it and allow it to thicken.
- Add ghee and mix it well, and allow it to cook till it becomes semi-solid.
- When it becomes semi-solid, transfer it a bowl and allow to cool down. As it cools down, it will thicken over time.
Finally, Paalkova – How to make Palkova / Milk Sweet is ready to serve warm or cold!!
- Cooking time will vary depending on the flame and the pan you use.
- Add cardamom powder if you want.
- Use a Heavy bottomed (nonstick or ceramic) pan to make the step easy and to avoid burning.
- Add more sugar according to sweet level.
- Stir it in between the bottom and sides of the pan to avoid burning.
- Once it cools down, store it in the refrigerator up to one week.