Surely you’ve heard of the Masala Dosa, but have you heard of the Chicken Masala Dosa?! Chicken Masala Dosa / Pancake / Crepe is a South Indian breakfast that is stuffed with chicken masala and served along with any variety of chutneys.
Chicken Masala Dosa / Pancake / Crepe is honestly one of the easiest one to make. With only a handful of ingredients, along with shredded chicken. you can make this recipe. It is easy to modify this recipe by replacing chicken with mushroom / mutton / egg to make different varieties of dosas. You can also check my other dosa varieties here.
I have a bite-sized 2-minute video to show you how to make this Chicken Masala Dosa / Pancake / Crepe.
- Boneless chicken – 250 g (2 cups)
- Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – ⅛ tsp
- Water – 1½ cups
- Onion, medium sized – 1, chopped
- Tomato, medium sized -1, chopped
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 2, chopped
- Red chili powder – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder -⅛ tsp
- Cumin powder – ⅛ tsp
- Garam Masala – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – ¾ tsp
- Coriander leaves (Cilantro) – ¼ cup
- Lemon juice – ½ tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Dosa Batter – As needed
- Oil – To drizzle
- Butter – As needed
- In a pan, add water, pepper powder, salt and mix it well. Add chicken and cook it till it gets done.
- Once the chicken is done, drain the water and shred the chicken pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion and saute until it becomes translucent. Add green chili, ginger & garlic paste, and saute for another couple of minutes. Add tomatoes and stir it till it turns mushy.
- Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, garam masala, coriander powder, and salt. Stir it well till the raw smell goes away. Add shredded chicken and mix it well with the masala.
- Add cilantro (coriander leaves) and lemon juice and mix it well. Chicken masala is now ready. Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- Heat Tawa (griddle) on medium flame and smear some oil on it. Pour a ladle full of dosa batter on the tawa and spread the batter evenly in a circular motion. Drizzle the oil on top, and place a small cube of butter and wait till it melts. Top the dosa with 3 tbsp of chicken masala.
- Loosen the edges of the dosa first to avoid tearing, and then fold it as shown in the photo without a gap. Press it on top gently with the ladle and flip it over and again press it on top gently and transfer it to a plate immediately.
Chicken Masala Dosa / Pancake / Crepe is now ready to serve with Chutney!
- If you don’t have dosa batter, you can also use idly batter by mixing it up with a little water to make the batter semi thick (don’t make the batter too thin.)
- You can replace chicken with mushroom / mutton / egg to make different varieties of dosas.