This Carrot Peas kootu / Carrot Peas Stir-fry is a south Indian dish which has a simple recipe. Whenever I have extra carrots, I like to experiment with different recipes. Today, I’ve tried a South Indian style kootu / stir-fry. I love it because of its color and texture. You can pair it up with rice and chapati. You can also check my other Stir-fry recipes here.
- Carrot – 2, chopped
- Green peas – 1 cup
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Yogurt (curd) – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut – 1/2 cup, shredded
- Green chili – 2
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Heat oil in a pan and add ingredients given under ‘To Temper’. Add onion and sauté till it becomes translucent.
- Add carrot, green peas, turmeric powder, salt, and stir it for a minute. Sprinkle some water and close it is cooked.
- Grind the ingredients under ‘To Grind’ with a little water, and add this to the cooked vegetables. Stir it for a couple of minutes.
- Add yogurt (curd) and stir for a minute.
Carrot Peas kootu / Carrot Peas Stir-fry is ready to serve with hot rice or chapati.
- Don’t add a lot of water while cooking the veggies. Also, don’t overcook it. It will make the veggies mushy.
- While grinding the coconut paste, don’t add too much water. The dish will become soggy.
- Make sure the veggies are cooked before adding the coconut paste.
- Only add yogurt after switching off the flame.
- If you want to add more spice, add more green chili.